Monday, May 28, 2012

Just a Quick Minute!

Had a few moments to update you on how the Adult Sweater is going. Not quite so scary anymore, I actually have 3 more planned for over the summer, another for me, but with 3/4 length sleeves, and in a moss green, or maybe purple, not sure yet. Another one for me, but with a zipper middle, I'm just going to add 10 stitches in the middle, and steek it. A third one for my hubbster, probably in orange, he looks soooo good in orange. This one will have long sleeves, and minimal waist shaping.
Actually, as I'm writing this, I'm realizing that this patter is way more versatile than I thought, I can really just do whatever I want to it. Top down, raglan style sweaters are easy!
Any ways, here are some pic of the progress in the last 3 or 4 weeks. Just have a little of the bottom border left, then just sew up the arms, and into the bath it goes!

 In this picture, I started the seed stitch border with US sz 4s, and realized the fabric would not be able to stretch across my hips, so I ripped back, and kept going in stockinette for about 3 more in. Then I started the seed stitch border, but still with the US sz 8 needles.
 I love the way the neckline came out. It is a great shape, sturdy, and hits in just the right spot.
 And the waist shaping, oh mama! This make me look like the hour glass I wish I was! I love how it nip in at just the right spot.
Hope you enjoy!
Saylor

No comments:

Post a Comment