Saturday, February 25, 2012

Broken Camera, Uh-Oh!

Last night, I was getting ready to shoot some pix of some beautiful fiber I got at Madrona, and how nicely it was spinning up. I turned it on, and it said the battery was running low, and would turn off. OK, sure, new battery time. So hunt, hunt, hunt for batteries, find some, put in camera. Now it will run, right? Wrong. I take one picture, and it shuts down. No warning, no blinking red battery light, nothing. Just dead. Hmmm. OK, try different batteries. Same thing. Six different sets of batteries later, I'm thinking my camera is actually broken, and I'm going to have to take it back, and get a new one. Not something I really want to hassle with, mainly because I've lost my receipt. I know, I'm dumb, always keep major purchase receipts in a safe place. Thanks, Mom.
So i take it in this afternoon, back to RadioShack, where i got about 6 weeks ago. I explain everything to the guy, including how i don't have my receipt, had it for more than 30days, don't want to return it, just exchange it, can you do anything for me? All in one breath. He just looks at me, and says, "Where do you get your batteries?" Uhm, the Dollar Store? He pops open a pack of the ultra nice, expensive batteries, pops them in, and begins taking pictures. Many pictures, and the camera doesn't shut down. It works just fine and dandy, actually. I, of course, gasp and exclaim, oh! Why is it working for you? Do batteries really make that much of a difference?
Aparently they really do make that much of a difference. The nice guy let me keep the batteries he put in my camera, and gave me the rest of the 4pack, to boot. I offered to buy them, but he wouldn't hear of it, saying they would cost me $4.99, while they only cost him $.21. Super nice peeps at RadioShack.
I went back later, and bought two more 18 packs. I am now a firm believer in expensive batteries.

In other news, I put another hat up on SaylorRaye Creates. This is one of my very favorites, I almost didn't want to put it for sale! It's a really nice, classic design beige beret, not from a pattern, just my own pattern in my head. Take a look , and say if you like it!

1 comment:

  1. This story is hilarious! I just started noticing that batteries can be so cheap these days. I see them here for $1 as well and it is super hard not to resist! Let's see some more pictures! : )

    SJ

    ReplyDelete